Caption.Me Terms and Conditions
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Caption.Me.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you have posted on or in connection with Caption.Me.
When you delete content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the "recycle bin" on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people not using Caption.Me, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e. your name and profile picture).
Your feedback and other suggestions are appreciated on Caption.Me, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer that store information about the user's interactions with Caption.Me. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
- Cookies may be used to help prevent voting fraud
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer they should take necessary steps within their web browser security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- Cookies may be stored to the user's computer by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored or collected.
We do our best to keep Caption.Me safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Caption.Me safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Caption.Me.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Caption.Me, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Caption.Me.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech or threatening; incites violence or contains graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Caption.Me to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Caption.Me, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Caption.Me functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Caption.Me, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Caption.Me if you are under 13.
- You will not use Caption.Me if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Caption.Me that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Caption.Me if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademark ("Caption.Me" http://www.ipo.gov.uk/domestic?domesticnum=2629569), or any confusingly similar marks, without our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Caption.Me.
Mobile and Other Devices
Caption.Me is accessible from mobile devices for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, will still apply.
- We can change this Statement with notice on the Caption.Me forum, which provides users an opportunity to comment.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- Your continued use of Caption.Me following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Caption.Me to you. You may also deactivate your account at any time.
- Caption.Me does not guarantee that all Caption.Me content and/or Caption.Me services will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
- Caption.Me reserves its right to modify, suspend or discontinue all or part of any Caption.Me service or any part of Caption.Me content without giving you any notice.
- Any commentary, opinions or other materials shown on Caption.Me are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Types of loss or damage Caption.Me is not responsible for
Caption.Me is not responsible for the following kinds of loss or damage which may arise from your use of Caption.Me:
- loss or damage suffered by you or someone else when Caption.Me complies with the Terms;
- loss or damage which is caused by Caption.Me when it does not comply with the Terms but which Caption.Me and you could not anticipate nor expect to happen when you started using Caption.Me
- any loss which is indirect or a side effect of the main loss or damage and which Caption.Me and you could not anticipate nor expect to happen when you started using Caption.Me, for instance if you lose revenue or salary, profit, opportunity or reputation;
- any loss of data or damage to your device or software; and
- any loss or damage if Caption.Me is not provided to you or is interrupted or suspended or if Caption.Me does not comply with the Terms because of events beyond Caption.Me's control, such as an act of God, accident, fire, lockout, strike or other official or unofficial labour dispute, civil commotion, decision of the Caption.Me staff or administrators, rule or order or act of Government or other act or event beyond the reasonable control of Caption.Me.
Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits either Caption.Me or your liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United Kingdon
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Caption.Me outside the United Kingdom:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United Kingdom, you will not engage in commercial activities on Caption.Me
- By "Caption.Me" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.caption.me and any other Caption.Me branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Caption.Me.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on Caption.Me that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Caption.Me or provide to Caption.Me.
- By "post" we mean post on Caption.Me or otherwise make available by using Caption.Me.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and Caption.Me. References to "us," "we," and "our" mean Caption.Me.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Caption.Me, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Caption.Me.